Tuesday, June 06, 2006

 

British Romance Comics!

Well, yesterday's post seems to have stirred up a hornet's nest - with many people asking about British Romance Comics to which, I confess, I don't really have much in the way of an answer.

But in response to requests, I have decided to try and build a collection of such comics and this may eventually lead to an exhibition somewhere - so if anyone has or knows where I can get copies of Valentine, Mirabelle, Bunty, Judy and all the rest - I would be pleased to hear from you - especially the annuals. I think I'm looking for anything that's pre-Jackie which was really the first of the pop/teenage culture magazines rather than a comic book.

Meanwhile, here's a great link to Misty - perhaps the last of those great girls' comic books. There's a tale here of just how stupid a comic book company can be - it has succeeded in alienating it's biggest fan and all her supporters. Shame on you Egmont!

http://www.mistycomic.co.uk/

Here's a good introduction from Gateway:

http://www.gatewaymonthly.com/girlcomics.html

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?