Wednesday, July 19, 2006

 

Libraries

Regular readers of this blog will be interested to know that ALL UK libraries have now signed up to a scheme where they will stock graphic novels. Hopefully, one day it will stock the planned Middle East Heroes trade paperback - that will help to promote the brand.

This is an incredible step forward for all comic book fans in the UK. UK libraries are completely free and you can borrow up to 20 books at a time.

My own local library has been stocking graphic novels for two years and currently has a stock of over 500 - so I can keep up to date with every new publication without having to shell out a single penny. Marvellous!

My own local library which is a good one also has just about every new movie DVD too and until recently stocked CDs - but has just decided to discontinue this as very few people have borrowed CDs in the last year. However, it has extended the DVD collection to include old TV series - everything from 77 sunset strip up to Veronica Mars - which I think is a great idea.

Personally, I've always felt we should extend the library concept even further - and as a member of my local library committee, I would welcome suggestions. Some people have already suggested bridal wear, party dresses and fashion accessories (necklaces, wristbands etc).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?